RHAND Credit Union welcomes persons from all spectrums of life and offers an array of both financial and non-financial products & services. By joining the RHAND family you enjoy the benefit of having an ownership stake in your own financial institution. These benefits range from: Annual dividend payouts on your share savings; Fixed and competitive loan interest rates; No nuisance service fees; Using your share savings as Collateral for loans; No hidden charges; Scholarships; and Free educational programmes.
Requirements for Membership Application
The following must be provided with the completed application form
1. One (1) passport size photograph if under the age of 18. (Photo must not be more than three (3) months old)
2. Any two (2) valid photo IDs (National ID, Passport and Driver’s Permit)
3. Persons with only One (1) form of identification can produce their Electronic Birth Certificate
4. A job letter or salary slip not more than three (3) months old) or Bank Statement with details of transactions over the past three (3) months
5. One of the following bills in the name of the applicant as verification of address:
(1) T&TEC, TSTT (Land Line Only), WASA, Direct TV or Cable (not more than three (3) months old)
(2) In the case of foreign customers other utility bills like bills for heating, oil or gas etc. will be required NB: Where the bill is not in the name of applicant, the letter (attached) must be submitted by the person named on the bill and confirming the address with a valid copy of their Identification
(3) The following statements or documents will also be acceptable as proof of address e.g. Bank Statements; Lease agreements; tax assessment or recent correspondence from Board of Inland Revenue or an equivalent authority.
6. The application must be signed/recommended by an active member
of the Society.
7. Please note that two Referees are required (persons who are not relatives of the applicant)
8. One Hundred & Sixty Five T&T Dollars ($165.00) Application Fee for adults (18yrs and over) and Fifty T&T Dollars ($50.00) for children (10 to 17 years) non-refundable.
A Personal Referee is a reference provided by someone who knows you and can attest to the information provided on the application. Character references can be provided by anyone who is NOT a relative.
A Guardian is a person who is entrusted by law with the care of another person such as a minor or for someone who legally is incapable of managing his or her own affairs.
Under the Nominee Section of the application, the applicant’s signature must be witnessed by two (2) employees of RHAND Credit Union.
The following Identification numbers are required – NIS No. and Birth Certificate PIN or BIR No.
A person applying for membership must be a resident of Trinidad and Tobago. Where the individual is a national residing abroad that person must provide evidence of property ownership or the operation of a business in Trinidad and Tobago.