DEPARTMENT: Credit Administration
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Branch Manager is responsible for effectively managing the operational functions including the supervision of staff, promotion of the Credit Union’s services internally and externally within the community, the achievement of annual growth targets and compliance to organizational policies and procedures. He/she is expected to manage Member Service deliverables, ensuring that employees consistently deliver service excellence. The Branch Manager should have a working knowledge of Credit Union operations and can independently handle a variety of complex member and operational transactions. He/she partners closely with other departments to ensure that application and execution of policies and procedures at the branch are consistent with that of the wider organisation.
He/she represents the credit union in the community with focused efforts on building and maintaining strong community relationships and increasing business opportunities for the organisation.
This position reports to the Manager- Credit Administration
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Credit Union.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates a positive working environment. Actively communicates goals and strategies effectively, builds teamwork and cooperation within the branch and throughout the organisation.
- Effectively manage the full range of the operational activities of the branch; actively involved in ensuring that the strategic goals of the organisation are on track and reporting on targets as required to the Manager- Credit Administration and/or General Manger.
- Responsible for overall branch financial results, member satisfaction, operational effectiveness, productivity, and cost effectiveness. Actively tracks variances from established standards and reports on same, giving effective recommendations for improvement. Works cooperatively with the Management team for the success of the organisation.
- Actively promotes and ensures the consistent application of and compliance with company policies and procedures, legislative and statutory regulations and operational integrity.
- Ensures that all processes and functions under the remit of the office is aligned with best practices and in keeping with the guidelines of the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Effectively collaborates with all functional departments including Internal Audit and Compliance to identify and fix gaps within the branch’s systems. Ensures that all documentation and other items are available as required.
- Actively supervise and manage the performance of staff. Schedule and assign duties and responsibilities to meet member service commitments made to members and the organisation.
- Ensures that all branch staff has strong product and process knowledge.
- Actively trains, coaches and mentors staff with regards to all products, promotions, new products, and all other brand initiatives.
- Actively promotes, markets and cross-sells the company’s products, services and special promotions to members and potential members and the community. Provides feedback and makes sound recommendations to the Marketing Manager and General Manager. Shares knowledge with the organisation with regard to effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
- Actively promotes the Credit Union and builds relationships through active participation in business, community, and charitable organizations events and activities.
- Prepares sound analytical reports – scheduled, exception and adhoc as required.
- Utilises the organisation’s approved Procurement process, negotiates and enters contractual and partnership arrangements with service providers in keeping with purchasing limits. Consults with General Manager regarding exceptions and all requests outside of limits.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of lending processes, security and fraud procedures, and the functions of all automated equipment. Serve as a branch-wide source of knowledge on credit union operating procedures to provide necessary support to branch staff.
- Successfully develop and follow an annual operating plan and budget leading to expense control, select purchasing and efficient property management.
- Contributes to strategic planning and annual budgeting exercises and other initiatives of the Credit Union.
- Must be an active participant in the Performance Management process for staff. Actively pursue and conduct interventions such as training, coaching and mentoring as required. Works with the Human Resources department regarding employees’ performance, implements, monitors and reports on any improvement plans, etc.
- Supports and maintains branch security by participating and supervising the opening and closing of the branch in accordance with set procedures.
- Champions the principles of Health and Safety in the organisation. Reports on any unsafe situations and takes steps to rectify as possible.
- Assists with special projects/assignments and attends committee meetings and training as required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. in Financial Accounting, Business Administration, Banking Administration, or related discipline and/or Professional Certification e.g. ACCA, ABE, CA etc.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience, of which at least five (5) must have been in a Senior and/or Supervisory role in a financial institution (Banking / Credit Union / Lending Agency) with related experience in Finance and/or Credit Administration.
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading successful teams to achieve goals.
- Must show ability to administer performance management objectively as well as train, coach and mentor employees as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related software applications.
- Experienced in providing sound, analytical reports for Senior Management and Board of Directors an asset.
- Working knowledge and experience with legislation including the Money Laundering Act and ensuring adherence to same.
- General knowledge of the Credit Union philosophy and principles.
- Good knowledge of Community Outreach programmes and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Working knowledge and experience in Customer Service and Customer Care Management.
- Acceptable combination of experience / qualifications may be considered.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS/TRAINING AND ATTRIBUTES
- Comprehensive knowledge of a Credit Union (or Bank) operations, structures, risk management, internal controls, processes, products and services will be an asset.
- Strong report writing, analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to provide sound recommendations.
- Strong Supervisory skills, able to effectively manage the performance of the team.
- Able to train, mentor and coach team members as needed.
- Must be a strong communicator – with the ability to interact with all stakeholders including the Board, General Manager, Staff and shareholders.
- Must be able to foster and maintain a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals.
- Skilled in building a culture of positive Customer Experience.
- Working knowledge of Marketing Strategy, good understanding of sales and promotional techniques.
- Ability to work and achieve performance targets, must be results oriented and focused.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Applications with complete Résumé should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
RHAND Credit Union Co-operative Society Limited
#57-61 Abercromby Street
PORT OF SPAIN
Email: email@example.com (Subject: Branch Manager)
The closing date for receipt of applications is: 4:00 pm on January 22nd, 2021.
NB: Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.