SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Auditing Assistant will be required to conduct audits of various organisational units and processes throughout the organisation. The Senior Auditing Assistant will be required to assist with the executing of all phases of the audit programme (i.e. planning, fieldwork, reporting and monitoring) under the direction of the Internal Auditor, as well as the preparation of audit findings and audit reports. The incumbent will also be required to undertake special assignments as necessary to ensure compliance with RHAND’s policies, procedures and best practices. He/she will work closely with the Internal Auditor, take the lead on audits as directed by the Internal Auditor and is expected to support all activities of the department.
The role reports to the Internal Auditor and/or his/her designate.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the Credit Union.
- Plans and executes audit exercises in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing.
- Determine the means of obtaining, analysing and evaluating information to provide the basis of an informed opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of controls and on the efficiency of performance of area being reviewed.
- Determine whether organisational units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial or corporate activities in compliance with both the company’s objective and high standards of administrative practice.
- Exercises professional judgement to determine materiality of findings and adequacy and effectiveness of the audit engagement.
- Holds preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify facts and to obtain explanations for such deficiencies.
- Reports audit findings on the results of the review of the audit and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations and reductions in cost where necessary.
- Prepares and maintains quality working papers supporting results of audit examination.
- Assist the Internal Auditor in the management of the audit dashboard.
- Provide support to the Internal Auditor in the provision of timely and accurate reports of the department activities to the General Manager and Board of Directors on a scheduled basis.
- Assist when required with the supervision, guidance and training on audit work conducted by the Auditing Assistant.
- Assist in the compilation of Internal Audit Annual Risk Assessment.
- Keep up to date with current and relevant knowledge and requirements of the auditing profession, maintain best practices and comply with the professional and ethical standards that govern the profession.
- Attend audit committee meetings when called upon by the Audit Committee and or Internal Auditor.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of a professional Accounting / Auditing designation eg. BSc Accounting (or equivalent), Completion of ACCA Level II or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years Auditing experience (preferably in a financial institution) and one (1) to two (2) years Supervisory experience in the financial field.
- Strong working knowledge of Auditing Concept, Principles and Accounting Standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, working knowledge of Accounting and Auditing software an asset
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- A suitable combination of experience and qualifications may be considered
NB: We thank you for your interest in working with RHAND Credit Union. Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted