LOCATION: Head Office (Port-of-Spain)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technical Support Officer is required to provide sound, efficient technical support to the department and by extension the organisation; by assisting the ICT to provide technical solutions to identified stakeholders. The Technical Support Officer is required to assist with the activities related to the installation, maintenance and upgrade of the hardware and software needs of the company. He/she must be able to assist the ICT team with the meticulous monitoring of the network infrastructure, security and other related components. The role may be required to assist with duties related to the server and server room and must be able to ensure that the policies / procedure regarding same are followed.
As a member of the ICT team, he/she is required to assist with the maintenance and enhancement of stakeholder engagement, general database maintenance and support services for hardware and software. He/she may be required to assist with training and coaching key stakeholders / end-users in the use of identified software and/or hardware. The role may be required to provide technical support relating to the network infrastructure and give sound recommendations as may be required. The role is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of the company’s IT network, servers and security systems
He/she will be expected to assist in the department in other general ICT functions to ensure that the departmental goals and objectives are met. The position may be required to visit the branches of the organisation to resolve IT issues and/or perform other IT activities.
The role is required to be able to complete analysis of issues assigned, be meticulous, detail oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines. The role is required to portray a pleasant attitude and professionalism in all interactions and be able to efficiently reframe difficult situations. He/she must be a team player.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the Credit Union.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting with the diligent and complete assessment of assets; provides feedback to allow for sound recommendations regarding upgrades, replacements and/or repairs
- Reviews and assesses incident / help reports assigned and makes sound recommendations for resolution
- Assists with the preventative maintenance plan for all ITC assets. Responsible for ensuring that maintenance is completed as per schedule
- Assists with the maintenance and updating of the license register as directed for all purchased software licenses and licensed agreements
- Assists with monitoring the Cloud infrastructure and supports resolutions of issues
- Assists with all requests for configuration changes, review requests to ensure alignment with approved security levels, requests etc.
- Provides updates to the system configuration documentation and license support agreements. Highlights anomalies as required.
- May be required to support the network security by ensuring that all security patches and updates are completed as scheduled and assigned. May be required to review security breaches within scope and provide recommendations
- Assists the updating of the network diagrams as required
- Assists in providing access to authorised devices to corporate network as per approvals
- Keeps updated with industry best practices; researches solutions and provides sound adhoc reports as required
- Supports the conferencing needs of the organisation for Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings, Board Meetings etc.
- Assists in supporting the core applications / software utilised by the organisation, ensuring that there is maximum availability to all end-users. Supports resolution of queries.
- Provides Administrative support as required
- Assists in general ITC activities as may be required to ensure that the department’s objectives are met
- Assists with special projects/assignments and attends and training as required
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of Associate degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent and/or
- Certification in CCNA, CISSP, MCSE
- Recognized certification in Networking, A+ and PC repairs an asset
- Previous related working experience in a professional environment an asset
- Working knowledge of IT operating systems e.g. Windows, Exchange, Citrix an asset
- Working knowledge of the installation of IT hardware and software
SPECIALIZED SKILLS/TRAINING AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be able to work in a professional environment
- Must be detail oriented and meticulous in approach
- Must be a quick learner with a sound work ethic
- Good trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good analysis and report writing skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- High integrity and ability to treat confidential information with great discretion
- Strong collaborative skills, pro-active self-starter with strong follow through
- Takes an active role in company initiatives
- Able to operate under tight deadlines, with multiple priorities
- Good communication skills – with the ability to interact with all stakeholders including the Board, General Manager, Staff and shareholders.
- Must be able to foster and maintain a cooperative work environment.
Applications with complete Résumé should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
RHAND Credit Union Co-operative Society Limited
#57-61 Abercromby Street
PORT OF SPAIN
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: ICT Technical Support Officer)
The closing date for receipt of applications is: 4:00 pm on August 14, 2020.
NB: We thank you for your interest in working with RHAND Credit Union – please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.