- The microphones of all participating members shall be kept muted except where permitted by the Chairman.
- The videos of all participating members shall remain off unless addressing the Chairperson
- Members addressing the Chairperson must be appropriately attired
- Members will type their question into the chat box. The AGM Moderator will collate and transmit questions to the Chairman.
- A member shall address the meeting ONLY when called upon and unmuted by the Chairman to do so.
- No member shall address the meeting except through the Chairman. All speeches shall be clear and relevant to the specific subject before the meeting.
- A member shall use the Raise Hand button ONLY when:
- He/she is a mover or seconder of a motion
- He/she is raising a point of order.
- He/she requires to object or to explain
- He/she requires the urgent attention of the Chair
The member shall identify himself/herself prior to proceeding.
- On any agenda item, a member is permitted:
- one question and
- his/her contribution shall not exceed two (2) minutes
Except with the permission of the Chairman.
- A member may not speak twice on the same subject, except:
- The mover of a motion – who has the right to reply.
- To object or to explain (with the permission of the Chair).
- No speeches shall be made after the “question” has been put and carried or negatived.
- The mover of a “procedural motion” – (adjournment, lay on the table, motion to postpone) shall have no right to reply.
- A member rising on a “point of order” shall state the point clearly and concisely.
(A point of order must have relevance to the Standing Orders).
- A member shall not “call” another member “to order” but may draw the attention of the Chairman to a “breach of order”. On no account can a member call the Chairman “to order”.
- Only one amendment shall be before the meeting at one and the same time.
- When a motion is withdrawn, any amendment to it falls.
- The Chairman shall have the right to a “casting vote”.
- If there is an equality of voting on an amendment and if the Chairman does not exercise his casting vote, the amendment is lost.
- Should a tie occur at the election for the Board of Directors or Credit Committee or Supervisory Committee, that tie will be broken by a run-off.
- Provision shall be made for the protection of the Chairman from vilification (personal abuse).
- No member shall impute improper motives against another.
- No form of recording of the proceedings shall be allowed without the permission of the Chairman.
Approved by the Board of Directors on 30th September, 2020